Is your environment right for your business?
Environment is something that we’re all affected by but not necessarily something we review as regularly as we should.
It’s vital to have the right business environment to allow you to thrive and grow. Here are some questions you should ask yourself about your environment…
- Is the gym you’re currently working from best for what you offer?
- Do they have the right equipment?
- Is the clientele the correct demographic for your business?
- How many members are there?
- In the hours you work, are you able to use the right equipment or is it too busy?
- Does the work space you have promote optimal working conditions?
- Is the audio to your liking (quiet, loud etc.)?
- Have you got enough space to operate?
- Do you have the correct equipment?
- What distractions are there?
Let’s take a look at a scenario we see quite a lot of. If you’re a Personal Trainer who offers face-to-face services but want to move into the online market, environment is certainly something you need to make sure you’re paying attention to. Within the industry, too many Personal Trainers are wanting to make the move but are not actually able to because they are sacrificing their goal for comfort (as the gym is the place where most feel comfortable).
The first thing you need to establish is what and where the best environment is. The luxury of an online training business is that you can pack up your laptop and move wherever you want! Therefore, if you’re not having any luck being productive where you are, identify the distractions and eradicate them in another location. If you’re working from home, ensure you have a comfortable space for you to sit and work on your laptop. And if you tend to go stir crazy being sat at home, why not head to a local coffee shop for a couple of hours so you’re surrounded by a bit of buzz to keep you focused.
The above is just an example but the premise remains with all aspects of personal training. Is the environment you’re operating in the best for what you and your clients want to achieve?
And remember, the beauty about My PT Hub is you can use it on the go with the app. Take a look at some tips on how you can coach from anywhere here.
Written by Lewis Agnew, My PT Hub Chief Operating Officer.